Blog and beauty by Cristina Duceac

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Hi, loves!

     Today I wanted to discuss bodycare. Why? Well, summer is knocking on our doors and we need our skin to look at its best for all the skirts, dresses and shorts, right? Plus, I have a zit the size of the Pentagon on my face so that kind of cancelled out the thought of a makeup look for today, so, here we are. Bodycare!
     Bodycare was always sort of an issue for me as I have insanely dry skin, especially on my legs. It's funny, because my face has a mixed to oily complexion and my legs are drier than the desert. Sometimes my legs itch so hard and I have to fight the urge to scratch them, that's how dry they are.  But yeah, I've struggled with this problem along the years and I've learned how to controle it. I remember that when I was a bit younger I used to admire my mother's legs because they were (and still are!) so silky smooth, and I looked at mine and began to be angry with genetics. But you don't always get what you want so you have to learn to deal with it. And I have!

     Firstly I want to talk about bodylotions. This is the classic way to moisturize your body and everybody stays faithful to this method because it is so practical. I have two body moisturizers of this type that I want to get into for today's post. The first one is by Balea, and it is the Coconut and Shea nut bodylotion for dry skin. I happen to love Balea products, but I have mixed felings about this one. It gets its jobe done, it moisturizes, it smells great, but... the downside is that it leaves kind of a sticky feeling behind which I do not like. But all in all, it is a good product. Now, for a bodylotion that I really like: your classic Nivea Soft, ladies and gents! Yes, it's as simple as that! I love the way it feels, how it gets my skin so smooth and moist, how it keeps my skin hidrated for hours and hours, the smell... I think I love everything about this cream! And as you may already know, it is soo cheap! It's my all time favorite and I deeply recommend it!



     Now.. My favorite type of body moisturizer is baby oil. It is a life savior in my opinion. I like to use it mostly in the shower. I always use it when I get out of the shower, when my skin is still damp, and after that I just pat my skin with a dry towel just to eliminate the excess. It goes on so easily and if you use it while you're still a bit wet, you don't have to use a great amount because it spreads nicely and you can cover large areas with little product! Plus, it doesn't leave your skin as oily as if you were to be using it on dry skin. I am currently using the PENATEN baby oil and it really does a great job!


     I was previously talking about showering, and that got me thinking: what is bodycare without bodywash?  For bodywash I absolutely LOVE Balea's showergels! They come in such different scents and the packaging is just so colorful and it just makes you want to buy them all! Plus they do great at cleaning your body, which is their main goal, right? They make a lot of foam and leave you squeaky clean. And, of course, I have my favorite scents: Vanilla & Coconut and Hibiskus & Nectarine. The first one is perfect for the colder days because it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, and the second one I just absolutely love for this weather because it is just so reviving and energizing! And they are super chep: only 0.55 euros! 


     How else can you prepare your skin for the summer season? Scrubbing! I don't ever buy bodyscrubs, I just make them myself. I like to mix together olive oile, honey and ground coffee. I always use this recipe because I feel like the oil and honey add more moisture, and the ground coffee stimulates sanguine circulation, gets read of the dead cells and also - bonus point - it helps out with cellulite! This is actually the only bodyscrub I use as I always have these ingredients in my house, and it works much better that any other drugstore scrub.

     Also, do not forget to drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit and veggies! Water is the main source of hydration and detox, and fruit and veggies give you all the vitamins and minerals you need so your skin will have that natural glow you've always wanted!

     I hope you liked today's post, I hope that it was helpful, and if so, don't forget to comment below! Love, xoxo
____________________________________________________________

CONTACT ME AT: makeupbymademoiselle@gmail.com


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind.

Powered by Blogger.

My lovely followers

Cauta